What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect information about our users in two main ways: directly from you, the user, and from our Web server logs. We then share this information with the individual seller and page owner you are interacting with and we may, from time to time, use your e-mail address to contact you about related opportunities. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
What is direct, user-supplied information: If you make a purchase, we may ask you for basic information such as your name, address and e-mail. Beyond the information that we explicitly request, please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information to us (e.g. Social Insurance Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or any financial information that is not required to complete your transaction) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry, which will often be in the form of a phone call and/or e-mail.
What information do we keep in our Web server logs: When you visit one of our affiliated web pages, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which record activity on our site. The servers automatically capture and save the information digitally. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address.
- the name of your Internet service provider.
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website.
- the kind of browser or computer you use.
- the number of links you click within the site.
- the date and time of your visit.
- the web page from which you arrived to our site.
- the pages you viewed on the site.
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
Use of Your Information
How is personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Among the steps taken to protect information are:
- Restricted file access to electronic personal information.
- Deploying technological safeguards like password protection, security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access.
However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
As part of our business operations, only we CPAlead, the seller of the product you are purchasing and the financial intermediary that you use to make the purchase (Stripe, Paypal etc) will have access to your information.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
- You may contact us at anytime at [email protected] to have yourself removed from our e-mail list. Conversely, you may elect to do so from within our e-mails which include a link for unsubscribing.
Effective November 14th, 2016